1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HPZipm12.exe

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dirtyridah, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtyridah

dirtyridah Thread Starter

well i thought this thread my be useful. i ran into a problem today where my wireless network was connected and confirmed working via diagnosis but still no programs that connect to the internet were registering a connection. at this time strangley enough on my trend micro antivirus HPZipm12.exe was showing suspicious activity whenever i tried to access network controls or connection repair hmmm how strange i wondered....problem kept persisting so i figured id search for this hpzipm12.exe file was what it was what prog it was associated with and it was a sytem file ...but in the search query all the files found with this name were in system except a prefetch file with the same name . now i dont know what a prefetch file is tried to lookup a def but after reading was still confused but it was small like 11kb and in my experience any file that small is usually some kind of instruction weather it be malware spybot virus what have you sooo i figured id delete it ... problem solved everythin works fine again - 11kb of data dont know what the prefetch was instructing but it was nothing good hope this helps others with same problem and i think it will cause i saw an expired thread on here with the same problem that was never resolved before the thread expired

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice