1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hs_err_pid

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gdwitch, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdwitch

gdwitch Thread Starter

I don't know where this error hs_err_pid came from. I closed down explorer and there were all this notepad messages on my desktop and I can't get rid of them. Researching, I know this is a Java thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. My windows update is fully updated. I've run 3 virus programs.
    I notice this was addressed for someone using XP but what of Windows 7? My add/remove program file only contines the program Java (TM) update 29. Nothing else is listed as far as Java is concerned. I've run cleaner programs and these did not take care of the problem. I am not tech savvy, so in reponse, please do not get too complicated, but thanks in advance for anything you can do. Every time I restart my machine these errors immediate pop up at start up.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

There's not much you can do about it. Java is not agreeing with an application on your computer. It's a very common bug with no real solution so far.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice