1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTC 1 m8 for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by SocialBiscuit64, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SocialBiscuit64

SocialBiscuit64 Thread Starter

My HTC's screen is not turning on. I tried shutting it down, but the touch sensitivity doesn't register. i tried plugging it in, but that didn't turn it on. It does charge when it's plugged in, so I already tried plugging it into my laptop which left it charging, but i couldn't access it. Please help.

2. SocialBiscuit64

It is also in Windows 8.1 Update 2

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The HTC M8 is an Android phone not a Windows phone...I think you posted under the wrong section. I'll move you to the Android section.

So is the phone on or off? You say the screen isn't turning on but you say you then tried turning it off but the touch screen isn't registering. To turn it off you need to press and hold the power button, same to turn it on.

If the battery went totally flat then you need to plug it into a computer and let it trickle charge for a day, don;t try to turn it on or anything but just let it sit there and slowly charge for a half day or full day.

4. OverTallman

OverTallman

First Name:
    Jacky
    Sorry to shoot down your post, but there's indeed a Windows Phone version of HTC One M8. Same phone, same hardware, but with different OS.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Oh OK, I'll move it back.

6. SocialBiscuit64

it wont turn on, and the touchscreen is registering, because wen i double tap the screen the phone vibrates, and the screen wont turn on. its obviously not in shut down mode, but i think there is something disconnected because when i shook it i heard something rattling

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then you will need to take it apart or take it a cell phone repair shop.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice