1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTC-510 Desire-Screen lock stuck on voice input

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Teksh0r3, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teksh0r3

Teksh0r3 Thread Starter

Suddenly out of the blue my HTC-510 Desire's phone lock screen is stuck in Voice Input mode. Problem is I did not change the format to use a voice-login method. Originally set up my screen-lock for input by keyboard. Microphone will not acknowledge voice command for neither my password or when "keyboard" is requested.

This is what I have done, thus far: Powered off, popped out battery, reinsert battery, then power device back on (didn't work). Performed a "restart" of device from device (that didn't work, either). Called customer service @Virgin Mobile...they immediately offered to do a factory reset of device (nope. not an option, will lose all Data on phone). I do recall there was a 6-9 digit numeric value that can be input into the phone to perform a "soft" reset that won't totally erase everything from the device, but unlock it internally. But I do not know if that is an option for every phone out here..or just for certain carriers. Please...Please advise with update and work-Around other than Factory reset. Thank You! :cautious::confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice