html code in emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rip_brandon

hi people, i have posted this once b4 but i think i miss-typed etc and i didnt put my problem across in the way i should have so here goes effort number 2!

when i receive/download/produce an email stationery that has a picture that is supposed to scroll up and down the screen whilst being viewed, mine doesnt. it stays in one place, no errors or anything.

once i have sent it to a friend, they open it and it scrolls.

if they make one that scrolls on their screen, and send it to me, it doesnt scroll. there is a pattern here can ya tell? hehehe.

anyhows, has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

if, for example, i download one and view it via internet explorer (just by clicking it in "my computer" and opening it, it does scroll up and down......but not in outlook.

ure help is much appreciated!

xx

rip_brandon

thanks for replying doyce but i looked and html is already selected...

have ya got any other advice?

When sending, click format and see if rich text has a dot next to it.

What are the screen setting on each monitor?

If you have a image that is 800x600 and your monitor is set at 800x600 then you would not have to scroll. But if the other person's monitor is set at 640x480 he will have to scroll to see any image larger then 640x480.

rip_brandon

i have looked at that and it is "dotted".
it seems like its not a common problem as the microsoft help files have nothing listed at all....

i thankyou all for ure help but it seems that its a problem wit no solution...

Xx

Go to tools>options>send tab>html settings and list the different entries it has.

<marquee behavior="alternate">Hi hewee!!</marquee>

You will have to help on that one. I dont see how the monitor settings will help them with that in OE. :)

DoyceJ,

"when i receive/download/produce an email stationery that has a picture that is supposed to scroll up and
down the screen whilst being viewed, mine doesnt. it stays in one place, no errors or anything.

once i have sent it to a friend, they open it and it scrolls.

if they make one that scrolls on their screen, and send it to me, it doesnt scroll. there is a pattern here can ya
tell? hehehe"

I am saying if the one person as an image that is 800x600 and there monitor is set at 800x600 they will not have to scroll right. But if they as said here "once i have sent it to a friend, they open it and it scrolls." But if that friend has his monitor set at 640x480 he is going to have to scroll to see the whole image.

Like if I did a screen shot of my desktop it is going to be 1224x786 so if your monitor is set at 640x480 you are going to have to scroll to see it all. Right

rip_brandon

the code is meant to make the picture in the email to scroll automatically.....its just that for whatever reason my pc ignores that part of the html code when viewing the email.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online