Solved HTML Coding Problem Using Sublime Text Editor

RamonaNaidoo194

Greetings All

I have just started learning web development and I am still at the very beginning,
I have windows 10 and using Sublime text editor and chrome, my problem is my html is not highlighted in the text editor
and when open my web page on chrome I can still see the html elements. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

colinsp

Colin
What is your file called including the extension? Post your page code here in code tags and let us take a look.

colinsp

Colin
You haven't posted the code only an image. What we want to see is what you see in Sublime.

However it looks like you have not save the file with an html extension as there is a space between index and html where there should be a full stop.

RamonaNaidoo194

You haven't posted the code only an image. What we want to see is what you see in Sublime.

However it looks like you have not save the file with an html extension as there is a space between index and html where there should be a full

However it looks like you have not save the file with an html extension as there is a space between index and html where there should be a full stop.
okay I put it back on and its highlighted

Attachments

colinsp

Colin
Your file is called Doctype html and it is stored in a folder called index HTML.

Your file needs to be saved as index.html

It must be in that format with the correct extension. You need to remember that Index.html is a different file to index.html Capitalisation of any letter means that this is a different file as far as the webserver is concerned to one all in lowercase.

RamonaNaidoo194

Your file is called Doctype html and it is stored in a folder called index HTML.

Your file needs to be saved as index.html

It must be in that format with the correct extension. You need to remember that Index.html is a different file to index.html Capitalisation of any letter means that this is a different file as far as the webserver is concerned to one all in lowercase.
okay, I am honestly new to this and learning alone, excuse me if I am asking a lot of questions. which is the correct extension?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online