HTML. Downloading.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cnelson04

Ok, i want to put some songz on one sever, and then make them downloadable from another website, these are my OWN songz.. I don't know what the code is for downloading things..?.. Thankz. :)

You can link to a song just like you link to any other file.
Code:
<a href="file.mp3">File</a>
If you want it to play within your page, you could use the embed tag.
If you only want the user to download the file to their hard drive, you need to use a serverside language to send a content-type header.

cnelson04

Ok, i'm sry. but i don't understand, wht you are saying. Here is what i am working with. I have uploaded a song, one sever, and just have them click a ,link witch would play the song from the other sever, i don't know if this is even pssable..?..Thankz. :)

All you have to do is the same a href as you would for any website. If your songs are uploaded on www.cnelson.com and you want to have them available at www.nelson04.com, all you have to do is put a "a href" link your code on the nelson04.com code to connect you to the location of the song on cnelson.com.

Does this make sense? Is this what you are looking for?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online