1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTML editor with Slideshow capabilities

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Terry Bennett, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Thread Starter

Can anyone suggest an HTML editor I can acquire that will allow me to create slideshows within web pages?

Although I have a very basic knowledge of HTML and am happy to make amendments to existing web pages, when it comes to designing slideshows from square one, I don't have the technical expertise. At the moment I'm using a very simple free editor (Page Breeze) but this is quite limited and certainly doesn't go anywhere near the topic of slideshows.

I've obviously looked at a number of references around the Internet, some of which offer free downloads of Javascript code, etc. Although I carefully follow the instructions given I can never get any of these to work.

Until such time as I can undertake some training in HTML and Javascript, I need something that will guide me through the process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I will be willing to guide you through the process in the morning if I can.
    I will say now (hoping that you get up earlier than I) that the best way to make the whole process easier is to provide as much relevant information as possible.

For example
    A link to the site if it is presently live on the internet.
    A copy of the Javascript code that you've been trying to work with.
    The tools that you are currently using to develop the site including the web browser(s) used to test it.
    Anything else that you think might be relevant.

3. sepala

sepala

Few years ago I used a very easy editor called BLUE VODA WEBSITE BUILDER. I am not using this right now because I have the capability of handling those manually, but I think this will help you. In those days also they have added lots of functions using the DRAG AND DROP system, so it is really easy(BUT I AM NOT RECOMMENDING). According to my experience I haven't seen an HTML editor which will allow you to create JAVASCRIPT slideshows(I AM NOT POINTING ABOUT SITE EDITORS). But I know there are plenty of free software on the net which will allow you to create a JAVASCRIPT SLIDESHOW with few clicks. I have downloaded some of them using www.download.com.

Anyhow, if you need some training on web designing, try www.w3schools.com

4. Terry Bennett

Ent

Many thanks for your response and the offer of help - much appreciated. I have reached the stage now, however, where I can't carry-on relying on others (including some very helpful individuals on this site) to do the work for me. I need to become more self-sufficient, hence my enquiry re an HTML editor as a prelude to gaining a better understanding of how HTML and Javascript work.

It's one thing to ask for help from others on a technical issue or lack of understanding on something, but when it comes to designing new features, etc, this is more than I am comfortable with. If I can't figure it out myself (one way or the other), I must be content with what I have!

Thanks again for the offer.

Terry

5. Terry Bennett

Thanks for the suggestions. The w3schools tutorial looks good - I will certainly have a look at that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice