1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTML editor?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Collin, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Collin

Collin Thread Starter

Hey all, :)

I've been playing around with HTML and CSS for a few weeks now, and I've been writing with notepad.... Nothing to complain about so far, but I'd like an editor that would show coloured tags instead of plain black text all over the place. Just to make it more readable. I'd still like to write it manually, so I don't really want a WYSIWYG editor, just some coloured tags and no tampering with the code when I save a file (like Frontpage does sometimes).... So basically I'm looking for notepad with coloured tags... :)

Any of you guys know some free editor with coloured tags, that leaves your code as it is?

Thanks! :)

2. RandyG

RandyG

3. Collin

Collin Thread Starter

Thanks Randy! ;)
    You came to my rescue again.... :)

I looked on this forum for some stuff about this, but didn't get a lot of good results, and -needless to say- didn't find that page... :confused:

4. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Another great text editor(free) not mentioned in Randy G's link is editpad lite--JGSoft
    Just another option for you.

P.S in EditPad you can D/L various color schemes or even customize them your self..

5. RandyG

RandyG

I just know how to find stuff, and figured you might have searched for colour instead of color!!;):D

and options are always welcomed, Jack!!(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice