1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTML Help!

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by IgneousPrime, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hiya.

IgneousPrime here,and I'm not that good at HTML,so I want to ask if anyone here can make a layout for me and for free...My website is:

http://zelda.spiritconnect.com

I use CPanel and I also need to reinstall NewsPro or another good news program. If you can help me with any of these,please post here. I Thank you all so much. Thanks again!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    What do you mean "a new layout"?

You mean you don't like that one or what?

Sorry....not clear for me.

First thing I'd do to it is make it a white background tho. My eyes are still buggy from it.

The second would be to change:

http://spiritconnect.au to a real hyperlink, especially considering they're providing your hosting free.

;)

What is CPanel?

3. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

What else could a "new layout" mean? And thank you for pointing that hyperlink thing out,I will fix it ASAP. And CPANEL is like an easy way to upload stuff and control your whole website.

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

HTML is my hobby. So I will not mind doing it. Wait for a few days. I may be able to do something for you. But no promises!! ;)

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    IP:

I didn't mean to be "smart" or anything. I guess I mean...well...you didn't give a clue as to what you don't like about it.

I think it might be cool if you go to www.classythemes.com and tell us which one of the 50,000 (number is exaggerated, I really don't know how many there are) you like.

:D

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

That was a good link Dreamboat!! :)

Hey IgneousPrime, did you find something that you like there?

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You know...she's a friend of mine, so of course I'd like to see people buy. I've bought a few myself.

But the really cool thing is just getting ideas even.... LOTS of ideas...

Even just color schemes and such that you just can't envision, you can see them together there pretty well.

If you do like one, but don't like the colors, buy it anyway 'cause you can change the colors and stuff.

I really LOVE some of that stuff.

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

So is this a kind of advertisement ;)

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Nope...just what I do. Steal lots of ideas...

:D

10. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

FYI

The page does mess with your eyes.

A background color change is needed. Of course if you change the background, you might want to change the text color. If you are going ot stick with a dark background, use bold text. Also the text needs to be 20% larger. it is tiny at 1024 x 768.

as for cross browser compatibility, the page works and displays virtually the same in all the browsers.

as for the layout it's actually not too bad, but needs to be tweaked a lot.

From what the site looks like now, you would probably want a layout like

www.arstechnica.com or www.hardocp.com

minus a lot of the fancy stuff though, but the general layout I think you would like. Probably more like the first one.

oh and below is page of mine that I never finished, but you may like the layout. (it uses a lot of css, improperly I might add and looks funky in netscape 4.8, but the rest of the browsers it looks fine.) Feel free to use any of the code, just don't copy the content.

http://home.tbbs.net/shadow/arstbbs.htm

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice