HTML Lessons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xMikex

I was wondering if there is a book or website that can give me lessons on HTML im finding out that it is invaluable to building a site.. I thought i could just skate buy using a program like golive or frontpage but those programs require you to know alot about the programs to be efficient at them and to get what you want translated to the program. So i think if i knew atleast the basics and a some advanced HTML it would vastly improve my proficiency in the website making trade.

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Mike

xMikex

Forgot to mention if its a website that you refer me to i would prefer little to no cost for some lessons. If its like a free HTML manual that would also be awesome.

I'd recommend w3schools. They have a couple of good reference pages for css and xhtml. If you're going to start learning, start with xhtml and learn the value of descriptive markup (i.e. don't use tables for layout & don't use font tags). CSS is where you'll get all of your design & positioning that you want on your page. It's a little difficult to learn at first, but you'll catch on quickly as soon as you learn some of the more basic properties and understand box models.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/default.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_reference.asp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online