html variations between generic and frontpage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KJOKE

I'm using Fireworks to generate some html... and it's giving me the option of exporting to generic html or frontpage html. What might the minor and differences between the 2 html formats be.

I know that many html editors have their own way of generating and handling html.

It's probably just the way it makes the codes, like with divs and positioning. If you post an example of the same page with both variations, we can tell you the major difference.

I'm not sure, but it might be referring to something like FrontPage extensions.

If your webhost is running a Windows server, it should be fine either way. If they're running a Unix/Linux server, generic HTML is probably the way to go.

I'd probably go with generic HTML even if your running a non-microsoft server. MS has a way of taking html then completely messing it up so it only looks right on IE. I think it's just another on of their plots to monopolize the browser industry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online