1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTPC Case DVD Drive placement (video included)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zorgan, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

I have a HTPC case here, I purchased it a few years ago, they were going fairly cheap on a well known pc supplier website.

I was trying to place the dvd drive in the slot so it was pretty secure and aligned up well for the button on the front bezel.

has anyone seen this type of fitting before?

I have tried putting 4 screws each side of the DVD drive too it sits in there just not tight enough, if you hit the eject button a few times it would move about a bit.

any suggestions?

VIDEO INCLUDED

http://youtu.be/n0Jld1c0PSk

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The video is blocked.

I can't say that I've had a drive that wouldn't secure tight into a case with just two screws. Are you using the correct screws? Does the fit into the case bare or is it supposed to use rails or other mounting hardware?

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

Are you sure that case didn't come with proprietary rails that attach to the side of the drive and clip into place when pushed in?

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

???
    This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I can watch the video but I'm in the UK same as the OP.

It's got a nice Fleetwood Mac soundtrack (go your own way) could that be the problem ?

I think prunejuice could be right and there are some rails.

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Some Cases require a special Screw with a wide shoulder on the front two screws. If this is by chance an HP or Compaq I am betting that is the problem Had the same thing happen untill I found out the front of the case behind the plastic bezel held several spare screws of the type.

7. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

THE VIDEO IS NOW FIXED. :)

I think you guys may be right, in respect to plastic rails being installed, these however did not come with the case, I may try to find some on eBay and then test to see if they then fit the case.

perhaps some generic ones, I will remove the audio from the video, not sure it would had picked up the music in the background, I should had turned the radio off first hah, cant beat a bit of fleetwood mac though ;P

thank you for all the replies.

this case is the Arianet Synergy HTPC Media Centre Case / I am going to also contact aria technology support to see if they can give me some info.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice