1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HTTP 500 internal server error in secure site?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by liketolearn, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liketolearn

liketolearn Thread Starter

Hi,
    I can log into my secure site then when trying to go beyond that, it seems to take along time ("timeout"?) to get to the next secure page. When it finally does I click to access my personal files and instantly I get the error message. I have tried to figure out when this started but it has been a while since trying to access this site. I have read that update 831167 for ie6 corrects this. I have ie7 and cannot put that update in as I get warnings that I don't have ie6 sp1 installed. Also, I have reset the settings in security and enabled all cookies.
    Also, I have tried the microsoft "fix it" for the registry and needed to use my XP CD. Still not working. This is bugging me as I was able to use this site 6 months ago.
    Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you read the suggestions HERE?

3. liketolearn

Thanks for replying! Yes this is what I had tried first and each one did not work. I found something about changing the timeout but that was too confusing for me to follow.

4. liketolearn

This is still a problem that I cannot find any solution to. Any other suggestions?????

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you consided the possibilty that the error could only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It might not be a client-side problem.

Have you tried accessing the website from another computer?

6. liketolearn

Yes, from my husband laptop there was no problem. He has XP and uses ie6 but it used to work on our desktop with ie7, I just can't figure out what changes or updates were made that could be the cause as I don't know exactly when this problem started. I don't access the website that often.
    Thanks for your time.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/900260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice