HTTP Requests for a Newbie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gillpcss

Hello everyone!

I am completely new to the world of web programming, but I have worked hard enough to make my own website!

I made this website for one of my classes but to explain what it does, I first need to explain the project this website pertains to.

I go to a College in Toronto, Canada and I am doing a project in which a user orders a custom drink and that request is then handled by a programmable logic controller (PLC) and robotic arm to create the drink and place it in a set area for the customer. This project has been done in the past so to make our (my group partners) spin on it, we are planning to have a website where the customers can design their drinks. This website also has a link to which it launches "Scannr" on the iPhone. This app scans the customer's drivers licence, and is to send the information to a 'service url' in the form of a HTTP Request. This is done to see if the customer is legal age (19) so they may order alcoholic drinks from the website. The information from the website will then be sent to the PLC, but I think that will be done through an Arduino running a server to handle another HTTP Request...or perhaps there is another way.
Maybe I'm wayyyyyy over my head, but what does this community think?
Any help is great help.
Thanks!!

JiminSA

Jim
This is one interesting project(y)
However, I personally have never worked on anything like this, but have with a little research found this PDF document, which deals with Smart Homes via the internet. Maybe it will give you some insight(s) for your project ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online