Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huawei Mobile Broadband install error

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JPLamb 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Recently i purchaced a mobile broadband dongle from 3 on pay as you go. i installed it on my computer and everything worked fine, i then uninstalled the software from the laptop when i stopped using the modem. Now i am wanting to use the modem again when it starts to install it comes up with an error message saying ' The application has a pending system reboot. Please reboot and restart the installer.'

I have restarted the system on many occasions when it has said this but it wont get rid of the message and wont let the installation continue. I have spoken to 3 about the problem and they have said that i will need to edit the part in the registry that is telling the computer that this software requires a reeboot and then to try installing it again.

They are not allowed to tell me what part of the registry i need to edit because people have been changing the wrong things and damaging their computers. Does anybody know what part of the registry i need to edit to allow the installer to continue?

The details of the modem are:
Huawei Mobile Broadband
Model: E156G
HSDPA USB Stick

All advice will be great

Thanks

JPLamb

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.