1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Huawei P20 Pro "Smart view flip cover" Keeps OLED on?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Deadmau2210, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deadmau2210

Deadmau2210 Thread Starter

Hey,
    i recently bought a P20 Pro + the official smart view cover.

The P20 pro has a nice OLED Display but the part of the screen, visible through the cover, doesnt seem to dimm / deactivate (even though deactivate is probably a wrong word for it) unused pixels.
    You can see what i mean by the attached images.

My questions are: Is that normal, can someone relate? If its not, is it a hardware or software error? If its a hardware error should i get my screen fixed?

Thanks in advance!

(Both pictures with 100% brightness)
    When the smart-cover-function IS active:
    IMG_20180619_202353.jpg

When the smart-cover-function IS NOT active:
    IMG_20180619_202355.jpg

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Deadmau2210

Deadmau2210 Thread Starter

That setting is like what the case tries to do just better (with a perfect Black). But its not focused on the "window" of the cover. Closing the cover disables the always on function as long as its closed.
    Plus i dont what to get rid of my case.
    I think i didnt explain enough what i actually mean.

On the right (of the highlighted area) you can see what color it should be. On the left what it displays.
    IMG_20180619_2023533.jpg

The screen overall works fine. The Black levels are as nice as they can be.

Only if the phone notices that the case cover is in its closed state, the normally perfect black appears like its from a LCD display

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Looks like to increase the blackness of the background would require reducing the brightness.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice