1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hub Question !!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by neff11h4l, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neff11h4l

neff11h4l Thread Starter

if i leave my hub hooked up will it make my connection slower or will it make a difference thanks

2. brianF

brianF

don't think the hub will make much difference in speed one way or the other.

3. Rockn

Rockn

Hooked up to what??

4. Del

Del

If you are downloading on two machines at the same time, you may see a difference if the files are large enough, but otherwise you should not see a difference in the speed.
    I have 3 on a hub and we play games at times on them and can't see any difference, but if I do a download speed test on two at the same time, yes, then the bandwidth is affected and the speed drops.
    Del

5. neff11h4l

neff11h4l Thread Starter

thx guys

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice