1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Huge content.ie5 file (over 80gb)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jeranay, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jeranay

Jeranay Thread Starter

Hi,

How can I quickly delete the content.ie5 folder? I've tried just deleting the folders(8) within the file but it takes forever and freezes up (right clicking & deleting). I tried through cmd prompt, but it still takes a long time. Is there a cmd prompt that'll just delete the file as a whole...I think I used something like /d and tried to do an individual folder and it took a while and I gave up...this was about 2 months ago. I saw a new cmd command rmdir /s...I don't know know if it's quicker or not. Is there a program I can download. And I right clicked and clicked on properties to see how big the file is and it's 85gb. I have screenshots and need a quick solution. It takes forever to do a virus scan, because it keeps getting hung up in the content.ie5 folder. And a couple of months ago...I found a virus/adware in those folders.

Jennifer

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

use right click > delete and do it just before you sleep. Should be gone in the morning and you dont have to wait for it.

3. Jeranay

Jeranay Thread Starter

It's a work computer and I'm here for 8 hours and was wondering if it was a quicker way? And it always freezes up.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you tried "Tools, Internet Options," and the click Delete in browsing History area?

5. Jeranay

Jeranay Thread Starter

Yes, that doesn't delete the content.ie5 files...these are hidden files.

6. valis

valis Moderator

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice