1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Huge FPS drops after game crashes and had to force restart

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phicreheni, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Phicreheni

Phicreheni Thread Starter

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17477568

My game crashed while playing Planetside 2 and I couldn't open task manager to force close it, so I had to force restart the PC from the case. It got stuck on the "Restarting" animation so I reset it again and from then on whenever I hope into a game I have huge FPS drops from how it was before. I've tried around 4 games and in all but one, I'm having the same issues. The games I'm having issues with are Dota 2, Planetside 2, and Sekiro. Street Fighter V felt like it played normally although I didn't test for too long.

I've tried multiple solutions to no avail. This is what I've tried thus far:

Win10 Memory Diagnostic Tool (no errors)

CrystalDiskInfo (Healthy)

SystemFileCheck (no errors)

DISM (no errors)

Disk Check (no errors)

Disk Cleanup

CCleaner (deleted Registry)

Swapped the RAM sticks

Reimage Repair (bought the license and ran the fixes)

Hot CPU Tester Pro (no errors, ran for around 20-30 mins only though)

Clean reinstall of Nivida Drivers

Opened up the PC and cleaned it up and checked connections

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

i5 7600k (no OC)

ASUS Z270-K

Hyper X DDR4 8GB (x2)

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B

I'm running out of solutions at this point and I'm trying to avoid having to reinstall Windows so hoping someone here can give me something I haven't tried yet. There are probably a couple solutions I tried that I forgot to mention but I'll edit if I remember.

HWMonitor is showing my Motherboard (Mainboard) Temp as 120C. That seems too high if I'm not mistaken? Also, I ran a Windows Defender full scan and no threats were found.

I am currently unable to post a proper DXDiag because I've swapped my GPU with my older one to test and see if that's the issue. If it's absolutely necessary I will post it after I do a bit of testing and switch back to my current GPU.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

That was a mistake
    The program achieves nothing, that cannot be achieved with free and far more reliable methods

This was even a larger mistake
    Send please the results of this - our system information utility
    copy and paste the info in the white box
    https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice