1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HUGE problem....I messed up my registry and I have a partition question...PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TripleH2k3, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TripleH2k3

TripleH2k3 Thread Starter

ok first off I am running a dual boot laptop with Windows XP home and Linux........I was wanting to get rid of linux but I don't have the cd and I don't know how to delete a partition or edit it so it's gone.....I misplaced my XP cd too..............ohhh and it gets better. I recently got dsl and I couldn't leave well enough alone so I found this site that told me how to tweak my dsl connection which involved messing with the registry......everything was fine until I rebooted and now I can only use XP for a short period and then it freezes.......so now I'm stuck with linux and I'm wondering......is there a way I can roll back things so it's like it never happened? Like a system restore......which I tried but with no luck. Is there any possible way to reverse or correct the damage I did to my registry so I can use XP again??

I've seen programs like partition manager that I thought could help me but I'm afraid to look for anything to do with the registry cuz I don't want to mess things up worse than I already have.

PLUS another reason I hate Linux.......I can't do anything. I try to open a file and it says I can't, I try to download and open something like yahoo messenger but it won't let me.....tried to open music or video but it wouldn't let me cuz I don't have the codecs.......is there anything that Fu**in Linux can do??? If there is I haven't seen it yet. Can someone help me with this problem too or will I get redirected to the Linux forum?

Someone PLEASE help me.....I hate linux and need my XP back and whoever can help return things back to normal would be a god amongst gods, the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the.......ok I'm out of cheezy sayings but you get my point...lol.:)

2. mistysue

mistysue

Just wondering if you have tried to reset your computer to the restore point before all of these problems happened? If you want and you have already not fixed your computer, I will show you how! Misty

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice