1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hughes Net HN9000 - System light flashing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Desi26gn, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Desi26gn

Desi26gn Thread Starter

I'm trying to help out my Mom, she connects to the internet via Hughes Net HN9000 Satellite Internet thru a cord to her desktop computer (windows xp). The internet service was working fine until last week when the DC cord got disconnected from the modem. When the modem was plugged back in the power and LAN lights stayed continuously lit, but the system light flashed blue. The receiving and transmitting lights were off. I tried many of the things listed in the posts here, and have found out the following. The network connection says "limited or no connectivity" and it says that the IP address needs to be renewed. I click to repair the error and it says the IP address can not be renewed.
    I tried IPconfig commands, reset winsock and the manual IP thing, but nothing has worked. I called Hughes Net, but they just told me to check connections and then pay 130 bucks for a tech to come out.
    Can you please help!!??

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Time to get a more responsive ISP!

Everything I read about HughesNet is bad! I'd seriously consider DirectPC and forget trying to fix this turkey!

3. Desi26gn

Desi26gn Thread Starter

Yeah, I told my Mom the same thing. Shame she signed a 2 year contract with a $400 cancellation fee.
    There MUST be something I can try for her?

Any input appreciated.:confused:

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I did a search, but didn't come up with anything useful. The name "system" would suggest that this is an issue for their tech support.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/797316