hulu site hangs on one pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VM/CMSuser

I have been accessing the Hulu tv shows streaming website for weeks (www.hulu.com). Suddenly, when I get to the TV->browse page and select a tv show, the site hangs. I use Task Manager to kill it (it takes about ten attempts) and try it again and the same thing happens. This has been going on now for a few days.

I deleted the Temp Internet files - in case that was causing a problem - but it made no difference. I have a second, slower PC that can access Hulu without a problem (though not in full screen mode as this pc is too slow for full screen streaming video; the pc I am having the problem with is fast enough to go full screen, which I why I need to use it).

I tried looking to see if there was a problem with a hulu cookie - but I can't find the cookies folder in Documents and Settings/Admin for the userid (Admin) [the only place cookies folder shows up is in Default User - and it's empty there] There is no folder between ""Application Data" folder and "Desktop" folder

Can someone suggest (1) why this is happening? (I can get to YouTube without a problem) and also (2) tell me where the Cookies folder is for Admin? I can't just delete the cookies via Internet Options as there are valid cookies there for some other sites. And I don't know whether that is even the problem.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Problem pc:
XP = 5.1 SP3
IE = 7.0.5730.13

second, slower PC that works:
XP = 5.1 SP2
IE = 7.0.5730.11

Try unhiding system and hidden folders in folder properties to find you cookies.

for the hanging browser try this

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab, Tick "Empty Temp Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed" Hit OK.

Then follow these instructions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 read carefully.

VM/CMSuser

Thank you Mumbodog for your help and your suggestions. However, (1) system/hidden files are already marked as "show". And I do see the cookies folder (though empty) for "default user" - just not for Admin.

(2) The pointer to the Microsoft "reset" site is very good. The only problem is that it will also delete all cookies, which I really want to avoid. If I could find the COOKIES directory and save it, and then restore selected ones after the IE resest, that would be good.

Again, thank you for your help.

VM/CMSuser

P.S. And it seems to only be happening with the Hulu site. I don't have this problem with other sites, including YouTube. And again, only on this one pc - not the other.

Is anyone else experiencing any issues with Hulu site?

Thanks again for all assistance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online