1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Humax HDR Fox-T2

Discussion in 'Networking' started by joflaherty, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joflaherty

joflaherty Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have two new set-top boxes made by Humax. These are the HDR Fox-T2 and the HD Fox-T2. I wish these to be able to communicate through my wireless home network in such a way that the HD Fox-T2 can download (watch) programmes saved on the HDR Fox-T2 and both be able to independently view files (eg pictures) saved on my main PC. From what I read about these Humax prodicts this 'should' be possible. My knowledge of the networking is limited so please try to be gentle with any advice! I presume that I will need a WAP on each box, but what settings to use to allow the home network and the Humax boxes to both recognise them is beyond me.
    Regards.
    John.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have a HDR-FOX-T2 and have it connected to the Intenet via a WAP - I used the Edimax EW-7209APg WAP , as it have 5 ethernet posts and so I could use the one device to connect the PVR and also connect the TV
    it works very well

I have a server on the router and can access media, videos, music, pictures etc and works well, also using veracast on the TV

I have just recently started to play with TVersity as a media server, which also does file conversion on the fly to play FLV files - although still very early days

I dont think you can stream between devices - this is the planned update for the HDR - now due in January !!! but dont hold your breath this has been due for release since about September

Theres a useful thread running at avforums on this device - its up to part 4 and some very long posts - but I think in part two was the edimax discussion and how to set up
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs...dr-fox-t2-hd-pvr-master-thread-part-four.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice