1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hybrid PhysX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ajkane, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

Ok, I just pulled out my old gt 430 and was thinking "hey! why not use physx! it'll be easy!" I was wrong. There are like 3 methods to get hybrid physx to work and all of the guides are really complicated, do you guys think it would be beneficial to anyone if I made a new one? After my 2 weeks of trial and error I figured out exactly what works :D

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Up to you, its bound to benefit someone.

However, I personally don't see the point, does it really give that much of a boost? Modern GPUs are more than capable then you have the extra heat and power consumption to take into consideration.

3. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

I tired running physx without a card and I was brought to >10 FPS on mirror's edge, now I am up to 60.

4. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Nice, I wouldn't expect a boost like that but then again I have never tried to do it either :)

5. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

well if you think about it, my 4.62 quad core which is already being used by the game vs 900Mhz 96 cores not being used by anything. XD I'll go ahead and make the guide. In the hardware section right?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice