Hybrid PhysX

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ajkane

Ok, I just pulled out my old gt 430 and was thinking "hey! why not use physx! it'll be easy!" I was wrong. There are like 3 methods to get hybrid physx to work and all of the guides are really complicated, do you guys think it would be beneficial to anyone if I made a new one? After my 2 weeks of trial and error I figured out exactly what works :D

Tanis

Shane
Up to you, its bound to benefit someone.

However, I personally don't see the point, does it really give that much of a boost? Modern GPUs are more than capable then you have the extra heat and power consumption to take into consideration.

ajkane

I tired running physx without a card and I was brought to >10 FPS on mirror's edge, now I am up to 60.

Tanis

Shane
Nice, I wouldn't expect a boost like that but then again I have never tried to do it either :)

ajkane

well if you think about it, my 4.62 quad core which is already being used by the game vs 900Mhz 96 cores not being used by anything. XD I'll go ahead and make the guide. In the hardware section right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts