1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scoutnj19, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

Hey everyone...

So I built a PC about a year or so ago and have not had any issues until recently. After starting up my computer, I am able to login to Windows 7 normally... but after about 5 minutes or so, the computer restarts itself. The BIOS post and then I get an error that says 'A hyper transport sync flood error has occurred. Press F1 to continue.'

I've tried to read online to find a solution and it sounds like I'm not getting enough power. I could be wrong (I probably am), so I wanted to confirm and find appropriate solutions from you all.

I'm running with:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black
    A simple MSI 785GTM-E45 board
    ATI HD 4850 GPU
    OCZ 700 W PSU
    DVD-RW optical drive
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB hard drive
    Cooler Master V8 aftermarket cooler
    Windows 7 Ultimate

At the moment, I'm at 3.4 GHz and 1.4 Volts to the CPU at 32 degrees Celsius.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide!

Here is a photo of the error:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

Does anyone have any ideas for a solution to the issue?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Does the system run in the bios without restarting?

Have you tried booting with a linux live type CD? This will tell you very quickly if it is a hardware problem or a windows/driver problem.

4. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

Okay. After messing around with some today, I have come to the following information.

The system runs fine in the BIOS. It also runs without restarting in Safe Mode. However, once running Windows normally, the system still restarts and gives me a 'hyper transport sync flood error.'

I opened the chassis and cleaned out any dust that was there. I made sure all the power pins were appropriately connected. I don't know what else to do.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you done what I suggested ie boot with a linux live CD?

It would appear you have a driver and or windows problem however this will tell you very quickly where the problem lies.

6. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

I have not. Had to take care of a sick wife.

While I built the PC and know enough to be kinda helpful, I have no idea what it means to boot a linux live cd. What is it? How would it accomplish what you are suggesting? How is it affected (or how is my system affected) since I'm running Windows?

I apologize for my ignorance. I'm always looking to learn.

Thanks!

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A live CD is just that; it runs from the CD and not the hd. It does not affect anything on the hard drive. If linux runs fine, it tells you that you have a windows/driver problem. If linux reboots or locks up, then you know it is a hardware problem ie mb, ram, pw supply, etc.

Before you can fix any problem, you have to find out where the problem resides.

8. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

Okay. So, is there a preferred Linux Live CD to use? After searching, there seem to be a number of them.

Thanks!

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just about any will work however I use parted magic for all kinds of hardware tasks; it has a memory tester, hard drive tester, system benchmark, etc, etc. Note this comes as an iso type file so you need a burning app like imgburn, cdburnerxp, etc [both of those are free downloads]

10. scoutnj19

scoutnj19 Thread Starter

Yep. I'm familiar with burning isos. I'll do this at some point today and I'll report back.

Thanks!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice