1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hyperdrive

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by danberres, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danberres

danberres Thread Starter

Hello
    I would like to know if any of you use a portable storage device. We take 500 to 1000 images and need to store them untill I can download them on my computer. What do you use? What about Hyperdrive?
    thanks
    ....dan

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy and welcome

I had not seen a Hyperdrive so I did a quick Google and it looks like a great unit if you need that much...

Would an extra CF card do the trick for you or a zip drive or even a laptop

I have a couple of spare CF cards and have just bought a laptop...I'm looking forward to using it...

buck

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy again

sorry for the second post but... Dad called in the middle of typing the first reply and then a friend called looking for some photo help..

How big are the files you are taking? Do you shoot Raw or jpg?

buck

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I use 1 GB memory cards, which hold about 800 images typically each. As above, if we knew the file size it would be easier to advise.

I looked at the hyperdrive scenario but opted for multiple memory cards as being more convenient.

It was also more economic at that time, for my needs, to use memory cards.

5. danberres

danberres Thread Starter

I use 7-9 one gig cards and all taken in RAW and some times in med jpeg and RAW Canon 5D

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

Sound like either a hyperdrive or a laptop would be best for you.

buck

7. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

Most mp3 players or your iPod can make a handy place to store the pictures in a portable location.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice