1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hyperlink formatting in Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Elanor, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elanor

Elanor Thread Starter

Hi. I've been using Office 2003 for a while now, but recently, I've had some problems with its hyperlink formatting.

Say I wanted to copy the fourth paragraph (the one with all the hyperlinks) from this page.

In the past, I could copy it to Word and it would appear like this:

with the hyperlinked words on the original webpage also hyperlinked on the document.

Now, however, when I copy it, it comes out like this:

[​IMG]

When I copy/paste from that to Notepad, though, the formatting goes back to the original (no ugly HYPERLINK text). I haven't changed any settings on Word and on the AutoComplete/AutoFormat, I'm set to autoformat Internet links. I've tried playing with the default format to see if it helps, but it really doesn't. :( Would anyone know what the issue could be and how to fix it?

2. Sponsor

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Have you tried Edit - Paste-Special - unformatted text?

Having said that it works OK both ways for me, but under just Edit - Paste (or right click - paste) it is formatted as web text. Under Paste Special its formatted as normal, which one would expect.

4. Elanor

Elanor Thread Starter

When I do that, what I get is the text without the hyperlinks. I used to be able hit paste and get the text with the hyperlinks where they are, as in a webpage. I don't really know why it all changed.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Now I understand what you want.

If I paste I get the hyperlinks OK.

Your problem will be that you have "field codes" ticked under Tools - Options - View.

6. Elanor

Elanor Thread Starter

Thank you so much! You've been a savior. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/305701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice