Hyperlink won't link...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tgb12

In my email client (Eudora), clicking on a hyperlink in an email brings up the Internet Explorer page, but nothing further. I've had to save and paste the link information into the URL space on I.E.to get to the linked page. Until about a month ago, it worked fine. Anyone have a clue as to what's wrong and how to fix it? I'm using XP. All else is working fine...
thanks for your help....

If hyperlinks are not working in Outlook or other applications:

Start the Internet Explorer
Select Tools / Internet Options
Click on Programs tab

Make sure that Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser is enabled

Click Reset Web Settings.
Click Start / Run / regsvr32 urlmon.dll

If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running the following additional entries:
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only

Can someone please help me with this very frustrating problem I am having. I have a Microsoft Word document, that I am mail merging with my contacts from my Outlook address list. In this document that I am merging, I have a few web site links and email addresses at the bottom which work fine. I created hyperlinks for them, and while no little 'hand' shows up when hovering over these links, i do get the light pink box that shows up, allowing me to right click and open the link. Basically, saying it sees that its a link.

However, when I merge and send these/this email, the hyperlinks not only, don't work, the underline is gone. A few of the 'links' (at this point, what used to be a link) are different colors. This happens when I have sent this email from my Outlook to other people using Outlook.:(

I did try send this to a personal (Gmail) account, and the links are perfect! The hand even shows up when hovering over the links/email addresses.:D

Can anyone tell me why my Microsoft Word document, along with the csv (?) data source from an Excel Spreadsheet into my Outlook equals a loss of all hyperlinks when sent to anotehr Outlook???

Thank you!:eek:

If you are using Outlook, open it and on Tools> Options> Other tab, make sure that the box is checked beside: Make Outlook the default program for E-Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. Right click IE on the desktop> properties> Programs tab, make sure that Microsoft Word is the HTML editor and Microsoft Outlook is the program for E-Mail, Newsgroups, Calendar, and Contact list. Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser should be checked.

Thanks for your reply. I always make sure Outlook is the "default program for E-Mail, Contacts, and Calendar" every time I open it. That doesn't fix this problem. :(

In regards to you second suggestion- When I 'right click' on the desktop, I click on PROPERTIES. But then my options are the following tabs: Themes, Desktop, Screensaver, Appearence, Settings...

Any other suggestions?! :eek:

shanghai said:
Thanks for your reply. I always make sure Outlook is the "default program for E-Mail, Contacts, and Calendar" every time I open it. That doesn't fix this problem. :(

In regards to you second suggestion- When I 'right click' on the desktop, I click on PROPERTIES. But then my options are the following tabs: Themes, Desktop, Screensaver, Appearence, Settings...

Any other suggestions?! :eek:
I was referring to the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop. You can open the same from Tools> Internet Options with Internet Explorer open. You can also open Internet Options from Start> Run> type: inetcpl.cpl then OK.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online