1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hyperlinking from Excel 2007 to specific page in Acrobat

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mixilphlix, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixilphlix

mixilphlix Thread Starter

I've looked all over the web and am having no luck. I'm a finance guy doing research.

I want to hyperlink the numberical data in each EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet cell to the specific PDF page that references the cell data. I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard. This process will provide a quick means of substantiating the data in thousands of cells.

I have read articles on named destinations, but the problem seems to be that named destinations are not recognized and even inserting the
    "=page#" is not recognized by Excel. The hyperlink will go to the document, but not the specific page I want which is useless when you have about 200 citations within the document.

We have a web server along the lines of file// but if absolutely necesssary I could save to my local if that makes a difference, but that should be a last option.

If anyone has some other ideas about how to do what I want other than hyperlinking to adobe pdfs, then I'm all ears, or do I need a new version like PRO, other pdf software, other spreadsheet program, or other approaches to obtain the same result, like may be a workaround to hyperlink to bookmarks, I set up in adobe?

I appreciate anyone's time and thank you in advance.

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

3. mixilphlix

mixilphlix Thread Starter

Thank you for your assistance.

I already read this document and it doesn't provide the answer I need. I had tried various derivations of using destinations over the weekend w/ no sucess. Excel doens't hold/recongize the page numer OR named destinations when quering from the hyperlink.

What I really need is someone who has actually gotten this to work for themselves, if possible.

Again, our server address is file//

I would think I am not the only person who wants to do it. I am guessing that perhaps it is not possible due to the fact: it's a licensing and technology issue with the query from excel to adobe. I'm not a tech person, but have some skills.

Any expertise from someone would be appreciated as I want to resolve.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/929100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice