Hyperlinking Macro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tgreen

Hi,
I am trying to create a macro to create hyperlinks within an excel file. The macro should be able to create the hyperlink based on the field entries from column C and add each individual file name to the pathway in the hyperlink, each hyperlink should be on a separate line all the way down to the bottom of my data, if this is possible anything would help....thank you!

tgreen

Ziggy,

I am trying to extract the data from column C to Create the hyperlink with the pathway to where my tickets are stored locally on my computer such as "C:\AAPROJECT\Tickets" then the hyperlink for Row 1 should be ":C:\AAPROJECT\Tickets\BK967564.pdf" and inserted into Column X. Each row varies in numbers so you wouldn't be able to increase by 1, whatever is in Column C would need to be added to the end of the pathway I specified above, I hope this gives you a better ideal, thanks a lot for the help I truly do appricate it.

Attachments

I can't download your sample (at work), but here is code based on what you said. Do you know where to put it? You haven't said when it should trigger... eg whenever you save?

Code:
Sub hyperlink()
'
' hyperlink Macro
'  7/18/2007 by Ziggy 
'
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim hyper As String  ' hyperlink variable
'
Dim endrow As Integer

Dim RowC As Integer 'row Counter
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet

Set wb = ThisWorkbook
Set ws = wb.ActiveSheet

'checks 3rd column for last used row number
endrow = ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp).Row

RowC = 1

Do Until RowC > endrow

' selects column# 25 which is X ( needs to select to insert Hyperlink)
    Cells(RowC, 24).Select

If Cells(RowC, 3).Value <> "" Then ' skips cell if blank

hyper = "C:\AAPROJECT\Tickets\" & Cells(RowC, 3).Value
      Cells(RowC, 3).Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _
        hyper _
        , TextToDisplay:= _
        hyper

End If

RowC = RowC + 1

Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

tgreen

Ziggy1,
The Macro appears to look fine but when I click on it gives me an error "Cannot open the specified file" so I used a batch maker to create the .pdf extension to the end the data in column C and that didn't work either not sure where the error could be my pathway to the .pdf appears to be correct. Any ideas?

you need to verify the link, look closely to make sure all the "\"
slashe are in place....it works for me?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online