1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HYperlinks no longer working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DSX, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DSX

DSX Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a big problem with my hyperlinks not working outside of IE. It all started when I installed Firefox to see what the hype was all about. Firefox crashed everytime I opened a page so I uninstalled it. Well I thought that was the end of my problems but then I discovered that no hyperlink worked in any of my other programs. So I went into "file types" and set the files that was still associated with Firefox to IE. That didnt work so I am at my witts end. Can anyone help me?

2. rude

rude

Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Run dialog box, and then click OK:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Repeat step 1 for each of the following commands:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll
    regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
    You can copy/paste
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes the above doesn't work,if that's the case,try this:
    Open Internet explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Programs.
    At the bottom,click on Reset web settings.
    Apply/OK
    Restart and try again.

3. DSX

DSX Thread Starter

Thanks Rude. I went and reset web settings and it works fine now. ANyone else have any trouble with Firefox?

4. ronsm

ronsm

Hi:
    Thanks for posting that. I think it had less to do with Firefox (for me at least) than that I had recently run a registry scrubbing utility. I would never have known about this without your generous posting.

Thanks so much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice