Hyperlinks Won't Work in Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AsheJoe

Whenever I double-click on a hyperlink embedded in the body of an email, instead of opening the intended web-page, the SAVE AS dialog box appears and prompts me for a fille name to save the hyperlink as.

Even more interestingly, the SAVE AS dialog box sees the hyperlink as an executable file and not an HTML type file. Furthermore, even if I do assign it a files name, when I hit SAVE, nothing happens!

Any ideas ??

Thanks

If IE is your default browser, check the file associations for the following.
Open Windows Explorer> Tools> Folder Options> File Types.
URL:File Transfer Protocol
URL:Gopher Protocol
URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
URL:Hypertext Transfer protocol with Privacy
In each click the Advanced button. In the Actions box, click open, and then click Edit. In the Application Used To Perform Action box should have:
"c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" including quotes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online