Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlinks

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  DoyceJ 
#1 ·
I'm currently using two browsers,IE 5.5 & Opera, neither of which will respond to hyperlinks. Or,more accurately, I should say that they respond selectively. There is no regularity in response.
Sometimes yes,sometimes no. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#9 ·
I'm sorry but I'm afraid that I need more explicit directions. I have a disability which makes it difficult for me follow directions unless they are spelled out. Would you mind telling me the exact address that I must go to. I can't click on the address that was shown and ,of course,nothing happened. I tried typing the add-ress in and the infamous " File 404" appeared. Thanks for all the time you've taken,but HELP.

#11 ·
You wouldn't by chance have Pop-Up Stopper installed?. If so you have to hold down either the Shift or Control keys when you click on a link otherwise you will not be able to activate the link; the "low frequency buzzer" could be the sound which the utility makes if you have enabled the 'Preference' "Play a sound when a pop-up window is prevented"

#14 ·
Great, glad problem has been resolved.

I rate Pop-Up Stopper a good little utility and unless it's really getting up your nose I would suggest you consider persevering with it. Should you decide this way, keep the "buzzer" enabled until such time as it becomes more or less automatic for you to hit either the Shift or Control key when you press a hyperlink either in IE or Outlook Express should that be your email program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.