1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HyperTerminal problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sammyclaws, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sammyclaws

sammyclaws Thread Starter

I had a hyperterminal set up for connection to my Electronic fuel injector, so that I can modify the injector program. This was working correctly. I bought another device that also requires a hyperterminal connection. I allowed a friend of mine to connect the device as he was familiar with its use. He removed the DB9 straight thru cable that I was using for the fuel injector & plugged in the required null cable to the same (only) DB9 connection to my computer. He set up the device and it works fine. However, when I open the program for the fuel injector, it gives me an error message that the controller code has been changed to something other than the needed code. (I assume this problem is due to the improper connection of the new device to the same connection on the back of the computer) I did some checking and found that both devices are using com port 1 (probably a no-no) . I have ordered an adapter to convert one of the required cables for these devices to an open DB25 connection on the back of the computer. ( It is difficult to exchange the cables as is) Once I get the adapter, I can leave both cables in place. What do I need to do to correct the present problem once I have the adapter and both cables in place? (I have created a second hyperterminal (icon only) for the new device.)

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Find out what code is needed for:

he controller code has been changed to something other than the needed code

Once you find out this and get it installed you should be ok It more than likely is one of the commands that open the modem and you would be best served by checking the manuals for the program and the modem.

3. sammyclaws

sammyclaws Thread Starter

Ozromle, the required code is listed in the error mesage, so that won't be a problem. Am I correct in making a second connection & using a different com port number to prevent this from happening again?

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You would be able to do this if you have a second com port connector on the computer if you do not then you might have to purchase a PCI card with com ports on it to accomplish this. When you do this try to get teh modem oon com2 and then use either com 1 or com 3 for the other device and on the add-on com port board turn-off the com port that is not being used to avoid conflict of IRQ.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice