1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HyperText Transfer Protocol

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by beetlejuice, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Thread Starter

on some web sites it shows an error message. and when i right click on it and go to properties under protocal it says, HyperText Transfer Protocol.

so im assuming that my computer cant read these things or somehting. does anyone know how to change that? do i need to install something?

2. 911

Http is an addressing scheme used by the internet. Please describe (as accurately as possible) the 'error message', and tell us the make and model of your computer, The software (Operating System and Browser), your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and whether you have Dial-up or Broadband connection. It might also help if you described what websites you are having problems with. ---911

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Thread Starter

on some forums where they will post a picture all i will see is a red X sign. then i click on that and it says its a http. thats the error message. no display of image.
    i have a dell dime XPS T850r, runs on win 98, internet exploror, i have cable (probably broadband or somehting) comcast.

its just on randome sites at different times i think. but it always seems to have problems.

4. 911

5. john@help

[email protected] Banned

try browser.ie.help\2 (y)
    it will help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice