1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hyundai W240D Monitor issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by connatay, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connatay

connatay Thread Starter

Hi, i have been given a Hyundai W240D monitor from my dad for an old computer that im upgrading. He said that it hasnt been working for a while but he'd never tried to get it fixed! I plugged it in using a VGA, that i know works, and the light changed from red to blue showing that it was receiving a signal but the screen stayed black. After waiting for a while to see if it would miraculously work, which it didnt :(, i went to pull the cable out to try it in my other monitor just to be sure it was all working, but as i was pulling it out the screen flashed onto the windows 7 welcome screen and then went back to black.

After fiddling with the connector for a bit i found i could get it to get a picture for a few seconds when i unplugged then re plugged the VGA cable. I was just wondering if its something that can easily be fixed or is it worth just scrapping it and get a new one?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try the monitor with DVI or HDMI, if they work then its either the VGA cable(broken pin), or the VGA connector(broken off the circuit board). You can of course try another VGA cable first, its just a standard VGA cable you take off any monitor - unless you already have and thats what you mean by "using a VGA, that I know works".

If the connector is broken you may be able to find someone to re-solder or replace the connector but then you might be at the price of a new monitor. If it works with DVI or HDMI then I'd simply use it that way, probably give you a slightly better picture as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice