I’m having trouble displaying my PC to monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pekevins

I’ve had my PC for about 8-9 months now.
Specs: Ryzen 5 2600, RX-580, ASUS B450 Prime Mobo, 2x8 Ram, 600w PSU

Yesterday night, after playing with some friends i put my PC on sleep mode after a few hours away from it, i turned it on but didn’t receive any display. I watch a couple of Youtube videos and read some Reddit posts. I tried removing every cable and installing them again. I removed 1 ram stick and tried each slot with each one. I removed the GPU and tried using the CPU’s HDMI.
after trying to find the problem my Mouse and Keyboard weren’t lighting up and thought it’s the PSU or something. I’m really not that comfortable with the hardware and stuff but if theres something that I might’ve missed i would appreciate the help.

crjdriver

removed the GPU and tried using the CPU’s HDMI
That will never work. The video port on the motherboard is to support the APU series of processors that have video. The ryzen 2600 has no video. You could connect a monitor to the onboard port until the cows come home; never going to work.
It sounds like you have done most of the available troubleshooting [without replacing parts]
You can try clearing cmos or as asus calls it RTC. I would attempt to clear cmos and also to pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical. See if the board will complete POST.

Note when you clear cmos, it will take the motherboard an extra 20~30 seconds to complete POST on the first pw ON. After that, normal time.

If that is not successful, you are going to have to start swapping parts ie pw supply, motherboard, processor, etc until you find the failed part. First part to swap would be the pw supply.

Pekevins

I appreciate your tips and knowledge. I tried all that this week. Yesterday i went to a computer shop well known in my area and they offered free diagnostic. Hopefully by tomorrow or after thanksgiving I’ll truly know what’s wrong with it.
Again, Thank you for your response.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online