1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i 560 canon printer, cleaning print head?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viraavi, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. viraavi

viraavi Thread Starter

i 560 canon printer

This is an age old problem discussed on the forum. i560 Canon printer, after changing all the catridges refuses to print. The yellow light blinks five times, and the error message is operator error. press resume. and if thatn does not solve, shut off the printer and re start. That does not work either. And, what the heck is cleaning the print head?

2. dai

dai

go into the printer properties and click on maintenance then on the deep clean you may have to run it 3 or 4 times

3. viraavi

viraavi Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I have done all that. The problem essentially is this:

After changing to new catridges, the printer refused to allow me to print. It always came up with " operator error. press RESUME. if that does not solve the problem, shuo off printer and start again." I did that too. No luck. So, I went into other suggestions: 1) Cleaning the printer head. Including the idea that whiskey might solve mine too. I took out the head, cleaned it with good white vinegar. It cleaned alright; but after reloading the same response! It does not let you do anything to follow what Dai has urged me to do!

Cleaning the head, new catridges have failed. I hate to throw out the printer. If any one can help it is appreciated.

The yellow light blinks 5 times, and I did what the instructions asked me to do. But, no luck!

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you check the contacts between the print head and the printer? The print head may also be faulty, it's an old printer so I'm surprised it's even held up this long. I've cleaned and replaced lots of print heads at my old job. You could replace the print head and take the chance that will resolve it, but personally I'd get a new printer.

5. dai

dai

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice