1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I accidently disabled my nvidia on my compaq presario f500

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Wyatt R Hicks, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wyatt R Hicks

Wyatt R Hicks Thread Starter

I hit f10 and it gave me a menu to increase my vram 32mb ,64mb 128mb, or hit disable and hit that and now when it powers on it beeps 3 times and stays on and the screen stays black please help

2. vicks

vicks

What system are you using, what mfg. computer... These things will help us figure out the problem.
    Vicks

3. pubdc

pubdc

Had the same problem, and this worked for me : The BIOS settings are seemingly stored in a bit of memory part of the RTC-chip (Real-TimeClock), the clock that continues to keep track of time when your PC is switched off (and/or battery is dead). That RTC chip is powered by a separate tiny battery. Disconnecting this battery for 5 minutes has 2 effects : the clock will loose track of time, and the BIOS settings will reset to defaults. The default setting for VRAM will be something more useful than disabled, reconnect the lot and voila. Small hint : the RTC battery is under the memory cover, the L shaped cover at the bottom underneath the touchpad. The maintenance and service guide on the Compaq F500 site provides more detail. Good luck !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749427