1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am a minister needing help with laptop

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by successchoices, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. successchoices

successchoices Thread Starter

I am an minister in a small town here in texas, so funds to go to a big place is not an option at this time. So I will pray for blessings for you and your family for some assistance.

I have a Dell Inspirion 1720 and it has windows vista on it. I am having a problem. When I turn it on, it tries to start a prgram called dell media direct then it goes blue screen and says something about it has stopped my computer from booting up because of a plug and play error. tells me to go to F8 on startup and chose safe mode and uninstall software. I hit the F8 it offers safe mode them I click on it and it says window xp embedded and then it restarts and samething happens over and over again. I wanted to do the F8 system restore to factory settings, but it does not even offer that to me as an option...

I would be greatful for anyhelp you may offer..

Rev. Scott

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Do you have the instalation or repair disks ?

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. TJRaYeR

TJRaYeR

if you have your data backed up then i would advise formatting and reinstalling either xp or vista..

6. TJRaYeR

TJRaYeR

if you havent got your data backed up then try doing a low level format and start over!

7. Old Rich

Old Rich

Any progress?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!