I am a minister needing help with laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

successchoices

I am an minister in a small town here in texas, so funds to go to a big place is not an option at this time. So I will pray for blessings for you and your family for some assistance.

I have a Dell Inspirion 1720 and it has windows vista on it. I am having a problem. When I turn it on, it tries to start a prgram called dell media direct then it goes blue screen and says something about it has stopped my computer from booting up because of a plug and play error. tells me to go to F8 on startup and chose safe mode and uninstall software. I hit the F8 it offers safe mode them I click on it and it says window xp embedded and then it restarts and samething happens over and over again. I wanted to do the F8 system restore to factory settings, but it does not even offer that to me as an option...

I would be greatful for anyhelp you may offer..

Rev. Scott

if you have your data backed up then i would advise formatting and reinstalling either xp or vista..

if you havent got your data backed up then try doing a low level format and start over!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online