I am being attacked by Spy Axe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

annjones

Hi -

I am being attacked by Spy Axe, and I have read threads on this site as well as many others, and I have no idea what to do. I use my computer for word processing, email and some on line game playing, and I would consider myself a beginner. I can follow step by step instructions, but when things start to get "to techincal", I'm at a loss.

My system is Windows XP. I have Norton Anti-Virus as well as Spy Sweeper, and both are up to date as of 28 Dec 05, just before 11 PM Central Standard time. I have a flashing icon on the bottom tool bar that opens up a word bubble that states;

"Your computer is infected! Dangerous malware infection was detected on your PC The system will now download and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and private information theft. Click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats."

So, if you click on the bubble is takes to you the Spy Axe page that offers to download for free a program that will clear up the problem. After much research, I learned that the download is in fact, the problem.

Could you please walk me through what I should do to get rid of this nastiness? I am one very tired, really annoyed person right now.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ann Jones

annjones

:) Hey-

After 2 days of updating my Norton and Spy Sweeper - the Spy Axe is gone.

Not sure how it worked or why, but as of right now it's gone.

Ann

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online