1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am getting a black screen everytime I turn on the computer. Help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by barabas101, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barabas101

barabas101 Thread Starter

HI,
    My problem started back when i tried to install windows 7 on another disk, but it would not. Now i did this while my primary windows 7 hard drive was already istalled. after i gave up on trying to get windows to install onto this secondary hard drive, i rebooted the computer to find that my primary ssd would not load windows, and simple came to a black screen that said:

Remove disks or other media.
    Press any key to restart

then i would press a key and it would say:

Reboot and select proper boot device
    or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I have no recovery disk and most definitely do not understand what remove disks or other media means because I removed the windows installer dis and tried again but nothing happened. Please help, i am so confused, thankyou.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137718