I am having a problem that I can't seem to solve...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbow52

My problem started earlier this week when OE stopped sending email for me. (I can receive email with no problem and I have checked the settings and can find no problem.) While it appears to send messages it does not. Messages go through the outbox and into the sent items folder where they seem to have picked up some extra stuff. When I go to properties>message source in the sent items folder a two character test message will now be a 30kb message with over 2,000 random characters. I have been trying to send messages from OE (adelphia.net) to my gmail account. Each time I log into my Gmail account it tells me that my browsers cache is full. I have cleared the cache many times now, and have deleted all of my temp folders and everything I can find to delete... and it keep's happening. I have updated and run McAfee virusscan, AdAware, and Spybot S&D. I have another computer on this network with the same adelphia email in OE and it works just fine on that computer.
I am at a complete loss... I need my email to work.

I am running Windows XP and using OE6, my mail server is adelphia.net. If you need more info ask...

Here is a current HJT log. Can you please help me?

Julien

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 9:45:31 PM, on 1/7/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GEARSEC.EXE
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\HIJACKTHIS\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuardDLBLOCK.CBrowserHelper - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spam Bully for Outlook Express] "C:\Program Files\Axaware\Spam Bully 2 for OE\oespambully.exe" install
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.line6.net

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online