1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am interested in an ipod (or suggestion) that i can put a large amount of books ont

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Strathcona, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Strathcona

Strathcona Thread Starter

I am interested in an ipod (or suggestion) that i can put a large amount of books onto and have it read them back to me..
    An ebooks that I have to read is not suitable for my needs.
    Please assist me in this search.
    Once again
    thank you
    Ken

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Try this:

Kindle

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Laura, the Kindle's text-to-speech feature didn't pass the copyright sniff test. I believe it's either been removed or severely hamstrung.

I don't know of any apps that read e-books to you for that very reason. You can get audio books from places like Audible.

4. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

It works fine. I have one.

You may not be able to listen some materials due to copyright issues, ie--if the book is already released in an audio format-- in this case, the title will be grey and you won't be able to play the audio.

I personally haven't come across a book yet that I have for my Kindle that the audio doesn't work on.

5. hackitfast

hackitfast

As an Apple fan, I'd recommend the iPad, but even I feel the price is very steep. You could wait until April and get the 1st generation iPad for very cheap, probably $250-$350. I'm sure they have text-to-speech apps available on the iPad, since the App Store has tons and tons of apps for you to use pertaining to eBooks.

-Rob

Edit: An iPod Touch or iPhone can work as well. iPod Touch 2G and above has a speaker, all iPhones have speakers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice