1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i am lost suspect anything

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guruman, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

ok board is foxconn nf4kb8ab procesor sempron socket 754 3000+
    msi ge-force 6200 256 ddr
    512 ddram 400
    supply was some cheap codegen 400W i change it with 480W collors it

problem is whenever i start a game no mather what game let.s say fifa 2007 nba 2008 gta
    call of dytu
    after 10 minutes or less game crashes with send dont send error and it.s saving sumting appcompat.txt
    sometimes it goes in blue screeen pointing some nvidia driver(file) to be the problem
    so what i did
    1. i formated and tested the disk with chkdsk /r command noting wrong there not even a bad sectors
    2. instaled newest drivers drivers from the cd that come with the graphic card
    3. run a memtest for ram ...
    and milion other stuff i could think off
    tomorow i am testing with a new graphic card

if someone had the same experience and found the cure please share it thanks
    strange problem i can.t get the cure please help

2. DELLDOCTOS

DELLDOCTOS

Hi,

have you download the driver from the support site of nvidia, check whether it is working or not ?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, list your exact system specs; ie mb [which you have already done] brand and speed of ram, exact pw supply specs, any add-in cards, etc, etc.

Next have you tested the ram with something like memtest?

4. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

yes i did all the test i could think off (including 6 hours memtest - no errors)
    i suspect videoram to be faulty or overheating VGA card i am waiting now the pc to be given to me for more testing
    about this foxconn motherboard i mentioned i read that they are faulty boards so i suspected there

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Foxconn builds high-end boards and they also build junk. In fact foxconn does the actual mfg of intel boards so if you buy an intel board, it is most likely made by foxconn.

I would open the case and give the board a very close inspection with a bright light. Look for any leaking/discolored/bulging capacitors on the board. They look like this;

Attached Files:

6. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

no visible errors on board

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you checked your temps? Post the system, cpu, etc temps here.

8. Guruman

Guruman Thread Starter

i wake up this thread when i get my hands on this computer hope we find the answer and ill post all temp spec etc
    ill try adding a cooler on vga(it.s vga with passive cooler) and ill try another vga to see what hapens
    as i said cpu and system temps are fine under 38 celsius or sumting i tried 3 diferent manufacturers power supply(tested and working perfectly i use them for testing)

let.s wait and see :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice