1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am not a techie so please help if you can

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Brimmy21, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brimmy21

Brimmy21 Thread Starter

Little bit of background info:

I've had my Dell Inspiron 1526 since like 07 or 08

it's had 2 big viruses, a new battery and a new hard drive...i think because it kept on making like a clicking sound

Basically for the past month or so my laptop wont turn on....or boot up I guess would be the correct term

the lights will flash the screen will flash it'll make noise like it's GOING to turn on but it doesn't...think of it like ur trying to turn over the engine of a car trying to turn it on get it to turn over and it just sits there and rev's and doesn't turn on...something like this

now that replacement batter I had finally died on me and I got a new one but it only solved half the problem ( I can turn it on without the charger plugged in)

I've only taken it apart ONCE since I've had it to get the dust out of the fan which didn't really help at the time it just made the fan louder @[email protected]

but we had to take it apart again to find the memory mods and we reset them and it did nothing

I still have stuff on my laptop I need to get off (I'm dumb and poor and never thought to get a fricken flash drive and back up my fricken laptop)

I already went looking on the forums in several places and found this but it scares me to death because if it's the motherboard I wont be able to do that myself cuz that's scary o_O

I also came across something called a coin cell battery??? I have never heard of this

BASICALLY if none of u here can help me figure out what's wrong with my laptop that doesn't cost like all of my limbs

I will continue to wait till March when my dad gets more money and we will take his laptop and my laptop to ATR Computer and get it diagnosed and if they can't fix it I will just see if they can get the hard drive out for me go and get a hard drive enclosure and a flash drive and plug it into my mom's desktop and get the stuff I want off it that way because tbqh I'd rather just get a new laptop at this point

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice