1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am thankful...

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by help4me, Nov 6, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. help4me

help4me Thread Starter

With the American Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner.... I thought I'd post this little blurb with a twist on things many of us complain about.... but with a new outlook... we can be thankful for. I'm sure many of you have seen this before... but I'm gonna post it anyway :eek:

Please share your own things that you are thankful for.

Now for some of my own things....

I am thankful for....

.....A dad that seems to have turned his back on me and my girls... because that means I was raised with the love of a good dad and know the difference between a loving father and a deadbeat.

.... working two jobs.... because it means that I have not stopped trying to fend for myself and my family... and that I was one of the lucky ones to find not only one...but two jobs in a half dead economy.

.... friends who share their struggles with me and ask for me to help.... because it means I have not become cold and uncaring from dealing with my own struggles.

.... an expensive repair bill for the furnace... because that means the heater was able to be fixed which is cheaper than buying a new unit.

.... getting less sleep.... because it means I got up early to enjoy a cup of coffee with my sweetheart and visit with the kids before the workday begins.

.... being a few minutes late for work.... because it means I stopped to give a lift to someone on foot on a cold morning.

.... for a messy house... because it means I was too busy enjoying my family instead of tidying the house.

.... for all the many blessing in my life..... for these I am truly thankful. :)

2. katonca

katonca

Nice (y)

I'm thankful for remembrance of good times...Because I did have good times that I can hold dear.

I'm thankful for kids who love me and care about my wellbeing....Because I feel I did a decent job as being a dad and love them dearly also.

Thanks for the thread Bonnie....makes us realize the blessings we have in our lives. :)

3. hannab

hannab

Good Thread Bonnie (y) and I like your attitude ;) :)

Hi Dave :) glad you have happy memories, hope for some new good times for you and praying for your Christmas gift :)

I too catch myself getting annoyed at things and remind myself to be thankful for all those things :p

I really am thankful for all the people I have come to know at TSG - it's shown me different worlds, lives and ways of thinking - and I've seen how there are so many wonderful, caring people out there, just struggling to get through every day but always having time to post a thoughtful message or prayer for a fellow TSG'r. It's been a very special experience that brightens up my day :)

4. johnnyburst79

johnnyburst79

I'm really glad things are looking up for you :D

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who supports my horses with not only money but with his own time and effort to help however is needed.......even though he wouldn't care if he never saw another horse again in his life. :D

For my kids.

For my parents and my siblings. We are all very close, and I know that if I ever needed anything, they would be there no matter what it was.

I am thankful for my God and the love He shows me in my life, even when I doubt and complain.

For my good friends.

I'm thankful for Mike Cermak and all that he has helped me with.

I am VERY thankful that I stumbled upon TSG several years ago. It's been godsend in many ways.

:) Great Thread, Bonnie! (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!