1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I am trying to download Microsoft Expression 4 & after I download it i cant open it..

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tvanzo, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tvanzo

tvanzo Thread Starter

So i have been trying to download microsoft expression 4 ultimate from dreamsparks (free software for students) and after i downloaded it and i tried to open it said something like i didnt have the right program to open it... I am not good with tech, but i looked online and i heard someone saying that downloading winrar would help. so i did and i dont know what to do with winrar... it lets me open expression but it goes to winrar and i dont know what to do...WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS WINRAR THE ANSWER? thanks

PS : it gave me the option when i downloaded it to download it from the web or you can download through download manager.

2. moper

moper

According the the website, you had a choice of downloading either an exe file or an iso file. If you had downloaded the exe file, you would just need to double click it
    https://www.dreamspark.com/FAQ/Defa...alltheMicrosoftsoftwareavailableonDreamSpark0

It sounds like you downloaded the iso file. This needs to first be burned to a CD/DVD. Then you install from the disk.
    If you have Windows 7:http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/...13/burn-iso-images-natively-in-windows-7.aspx

Others, download and install:www.imgburn.com
    or use whatever burning progams that you may have installed: Nero, Roxio, etc. You want to 'burn an image.

moper

3. tvanzo

tvanzo Thread Starter

It gives you the option of downloading with a download manager or directly from the web... i tried both... both end up with the same problem

4. moper

moper

Is it an iso file?
    Did you burn it to a CD?
    Do you have Windows 7?

moper

5. tvanzo

tvanzo Thread Starter

it is a iso file.. know i didnt burn it to a cd... why would microsoft make you do that? they didnt even mention that on their site when i downloaded it.. i dont even know how to do that anyways.. and no i dont have windows 7... thanks

6. moper

moper

I explained in the first post with a link to Microsoft's answer.
    Did you read it?

Also, linked to Imgburn, which you can download and install(since you have XP), then burn the iso to a blank disk.

I think it is a good idea. This way you have a disk. It's not as hard as it seems.

moper

7. tvanzo

tvanzo Thread Starter

There is no option to download it as a exe... only through the web or through download manager... both show up as iso. but how do i burn it to a disk... I have expression downloaded and it is on winrar. i dont know what to do once its on winrar. thanks alot

8. moper

moper

9. tvanzo

tvanzo Thread Starter

i dont understand why ii have to do all this... i feel like i should just be able to download it and be done... thats what is says o dreamsparks... thats its quick and easy

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to do "all this" 'cause that's how it is. It's very common for companies to make large software packages available in ISO images. It's very easy to burn one once you have the right software installed or if you run Windows 7. There's nothing complicated about it.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice