1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Broke A Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeadTeCh, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeadTeCh

DeadTeCh Thread Starter

Today after a good day I messed someone's laptop pretty bad:(! She's a really good friend of mine and I have no idea how to compensate her for doing this. I was getting a book on the floor it slipped out my fingers i tried to catch it but that propelled it farther and hit my friend's laptop on the keyboard (not bad) then the book hit the SCREEN:eek:! I cussed out and i never cuss. When i first looked at it, the screen picture was cracked about half a inch. She told me it was okay (a precious laptop to her). Then about a min later it just turned OFF. I thought some kid disconnected the power supply but in the end it was my Fault.
    I feel like an a$$ and an idiot, it was a stupid book. She says she not "mad" at me, but she be feeling sad inside. I'm only in highschool, and I can't pay her. Is there any fix at all, or solution.

Thanks for the help.
    Wish me good luck, I see her tomorrow again...

Edit: It look like a Sony Vaio Laptop, I was to a shamed to take a look at it. Also it was like a 1 lb child hard cover book.

2. Oily

Oily

For replacing the screen take a read here -

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/700672-sony-vaiovgn-cr120e.html

As for "turning off" what happens when you try to restart the laptop..any errors etc

By the way accidents do happen and you can do nothing to prevent them,that's why they are called accidents,dont beat yourself up about it,at least you are trying to find a fix for her.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

See if your friend has laptop insurance or will her household insurance cover accidental damage? As Oily says, accidents do happen - and answers are out there!

Richard.

4. DeadTeCh

DeadTeCh Thread Starter

Thanks for the support, IT makes me feel 2 times better!
    The laptop doesn't even turn on. I forgot to tell you guys that.

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

You probably loosened a few wires inside with the impact. Sorry you're having to suffer through a circumstance like this. I feel for you and your friend. Give it some thought and you might know someone who knows how to replace the screen and check for interior damage who'd help you out for the cost of the parts. Hey! Get over to your Junior College or check in at the Office at your School and ask for some help from the computer department. Lots of times the Junior Colleges have computer classes and the Teachers will help you out if you just ask. Let us know...Jazz

6. DeadTeCh

DeadTeCh Thread Starter

Well, I didn't even think of that Jazz, thanks so much for that advice. That's very resouceful., i'm going tell her that. She talked to her father and being a good friend to the family too. Her father said he will take care of it. YOu know, I'm not feeling so bad anymore, but it sucks that there paying for something I've done. Only to become closer friend to me.

Thanks for the help guys.

7. jazz3000

jazz3000

Well that's the grace we all hear about in life. We all do the best we can, and it's not like there was anything unkind about the accident. Stuff happens and Dad's know exactly how things go. Your turn will come to help soon enough, so don't worry about it any more. Luck to you all...Jazz

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice